Shipping for Diamonds
Shipping within the U.S.
- All diamonds purchased from Good Old Gold will be shipped via FedEx Priority.
- With the purchase of a diamond, we include one free shipping within the continental United States (including Hawaii).
- All packages are insured during transit until the package is signed for. (We are not responsible if you have a signature release on file and the driver leaves the package on your doorstep.)
- If you are paying by credit card, we can only ship to your billing address unless you add an alternate shipping address to the comments section of your credit card.
- If you are paying by bank wire, after the wire clears, we can ship anywhere you like.
- There is a $20 additional fee if you would like us to ship for Saturday delivery.
- Please note that because we use FedEx we are unable to ship to a PO (Post Office) Box address. We can however ship to APO/FPO address using the US postal service.()
- Due to the high value of our packages, we will not ship out orders until we confirm the shipping details and address with the customer.
- Our normal shipping days are Tuesday through Friday. The only day during the week that we cannot have the delivery made to you would be on Tuesdays.
- Customers who purchase a diamond from Good Old Gold and have it shipped outside of the U.S. will be charged an additional $100.00 for shipping and insurance.
- All diamonds being shipped outside of the United States must be paid via Bank wire. (We do not accept credit card payments for diamonds being shipped outside of the U.S.)
- All diamonds being shipped outside the U.S. will be shipped via FedEx (Federal Express).
- Packages can take 1-7 business days for them to reach your country and can take even longer to clear customs. *See chart below for transit times.
- It is the customer's responsibility to pay any taxes, duties or fees into their country.
|United Kingdom||2 Days|
|Hong Kong||4 Days|
Some of the countries that we ship to regularly are listed below. These tax percentages may change but you can expect to incur at least these fees when shipping into your country.
|Canada||0%||GST/PST tax approx 13%|
|Australia||0%||Goods and Service Tax ±10%|
|United Kingdom||Varies||20% VAT|
Return Policies for Diamonds
Single Diamond Purchase:
All diamonds purchased from Good Old Gold that are covered by our "Lifetime Guarantee" have either a 10, 15 or 30-day return policy period and shipping is included in the purchase price. If you decide that you would like to return the diamond within the return period specified for your particular diamond, you will receive the full purchase price paid for the diamond less the original shipping fee. Please note that return postage for items being sent back to us is the customer's responsibility.
All refunds will be issued by company check or refunded back to a credit card depending on what your original payment type was. The return period will begin after you take delivery (assuming you take immediate delivery) or after the diamond is paid for. If for some reason, you require us to hold the diamond at our location, we will do so but the return period begins 24 hours after payment is made. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your refund.
Note on settings: There are no refunds or returns on settings and wedding bands.
If we are sending multiple diamonds to you for inspection, you have 3 days to examine these diamonds and return the stone(s) that you are not interesting in keeping. You are subject to the shipping expenses for the additional diamonds that you are not keeping as well. The return period will start the day that you receive the diamonds.
Shipping To Good Old Gold
*Please contact us before returning any diamonds. We will not accept packages that do not have an RA (Return Auth) number.
The easiest way to ship packages to Good Old Gold is by using the US Post Office. The package needs to be sent with the following options; insured,registered and return receipt. Please include any information regarding your return (Your name, diamond, reason for return, etc.) enclosed inside the box. If you are returning a diamond for a buy back or trade up, please enclose any documentation (GIA, Gemex or Birth Certificate) inside the package. If you fail to return this paperwork there is a $200.00 fee deducted from the return. Once we verify the diamond, we will contact you.
On the outside of the box, please write the RA# that we issue to you and our address as follows.
5278 Sunrise Hwy
Massapequa Park, NY 11762
**Please note that Good Old Gold reserves the right to make changes or alterations to the return policies at any time for any reason.